(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, all immediate receptacles, containers, or packages containing hazardous ships' stores must be labeled in English with the following information concerning the contents:
(1) Technical name or proper shipping name.
(2) For hazardous ships' stores other than liquid fuels, manufacturer's or supplier's name and address.
(3) Hazard classification under 49 CFR 172.101, 173.2, and 173.2(a).
(4) For hazardous ships' stores other than liquid fuels, step by step procedures for proper use.
(5) First aid instructions in the event of personnel contact, including antidotes in the event of ingestion.
(6) Stowage and segregation requirements.
(b) Hazardous ships' stores that are consumer commodities labeled in accordance with the Federal Hazardous Substances Act Regulations in 16 CFR part 1500 need not be labeled as specified in paragraph (a) of this section.
[CGD 84-044, 53 FR 7749, Mar. 10, 1988, as amended by CGD 97-057, 62 FR 51048, Sept. 30, 1997; USCG-2005-22329, 70 FR 57183, Sept. 30, 2005]