Current as of: 2010
(a) In addition to compliance with Alaska Stat. § 21.09.200 , the annual statement of a benevolent association must exhibit the following items and facts:
(1) the name and business address of the association;
(2) the names and addresses of the officers of the association;
(3) the number of membership contracts in force at the commencement of the year and the number of memberships in good standing at the close of the year for which the statement is made; this provision is also applicable to each subgroup or class, if any, of the association;
(4) the number of death losses claimed; the number and total amount of death losses paid; the number of death claims compromised, denied, or resisted and reasons therefor;
(5) the number of assessments in the association and in each subgroup or class, if any; the amount collected in each assessment; income to the benevolent association from all other sources; and all other fees, assessments, donations, of any kind or nature, except new membership fees from new members;
(6) the expenses actually incurred during the year; debts unpaid at the commencement of the year; debts and obligations of any kind, not including death losses actually paid, incurred during the year; debts unpaid at the close of the year; a breakdown of expenses to show the amount paid in salaries or commissions, office expense, and other expenses, in those cases where members of the benevolent association are assessed for operating expenses of the association;
(7) whether the association has complied with the provisions of AS 21.72.090 and 21.72.100;
(8) the information required by Alaska Stat. § 21.72.090 .
(b) Two officers of the association shall attest under oath to the truth of the facts contained in the annual statement. At least one of the officers must have charge of making up the statement.
(c) A copy of the annual statement certified by the director must be filed on or before the first day of March each year by the association in the office of the magistrate in the judicial district in which the business office of the association is located.
Questions & Answers: Insurance
U.S. Code Provisions: Insurance
Federal Regulations: Insurance