Current as of: 2010
(a) Boards and commissions listed in this subsection expire on the date set out after each:
(1) Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (Alaska Stat. § 04.06.010 ) - June 30, 2011;
(2) Board of Parole (Alaska Stat. § 33.16.020 ) - June 30, 2016;
(3) Regulatory Commission of Alaska (Alaska Stat. § 42.04.010 ) - June 30, 2011;
(4) Alaska Commission on Aging (Alaska Stat. § 47.45.200 ) - June 30, 2016;
(5) Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (Alaska Stat. § 18.66.010 ) - June 30, 2014;
(6) special education service agency (Alaska Stat. § 14.30.600 ) - June 30, 2013;
(7) Statewide Suicide Prevention Council (Alaska Stat. § 44.29.300 ) - June 30, 2013;
(8) Alaska Seismic Hazards Safety Commission (Alaska Stat. § 44.37.065 ) - June 30, 2012;
(9) Alaska Health Care Commission (Alaska Stat. § 18.09.010 ) - June 30, 2014.
(b) Upon termination, a commission listed in (a) of this section shall continue in existence until June 30 of the next succeeding year for the purpose of concluding its affairs.
(c) A commission scheduled for termination under this chapter may be continued or reestablished by the legislature for a period not to exceed eight years.
(d) Notwithstanding (b) of this section, the powers and duties of the Regulatory Commission of Alaska in the year following expiration are not reduced or otherwise limited, and the commission shall continue in existence after expiration for one year. The commission shall continue to exercise all its powers and perform its duties and responsibilities under AS 42 during the year following its expiration.
Questions & Answers: Government
U.S. Constitution Provisions: Government
U.S. Code Provisions: Government
Federal Regulations: Government