Current as of: 2009
Trail systems plan; deposit of monies; definition
A. The board shall prepare a trail systems plan that:
1. Identifies on a statewide basis the general location and extent of significant trail routes, areas and complementary facilities.
2. Assesses the physical condition of the systems.
3. Assesses usage of trails.
4. Describes specific policies, standards and criteria to be followed in adopting, developing, operating and maintaining trails in the systems.
5. Recommends to federal, state, regional, local and tribal agencies and to the private sector actions which will enhance the trail systems.
B. The plan shall be revised at least once every five years.
C. Monies from gifts, grants and other donations received by the board for the trail systems plan shall be deposited in a separate account of the state parks fund established by section 41-511.11 and may be allocated by the board for special trail project priorities established annually by the board.
D. Monies deposited in the state parks fund account shall be used for providing state monies up to an amount equal to the amount of cash, materials and labor from any other source for the planning, acquisition, maintenance or operation of the trails and for administrative expenses of not more than twenty per cent of total account monies.
E. For purposes of this section, "trail systems" means coordinated systems of trails in this state.Prev | Next
Arizona Laws: Parks and Conservation Areas
U.S. Code Provisions: Parks and Conservation Areas