Current as of: 2011
(a) Powers of the Commission. --
(1) The Commission shall inspect equipment and supplies required of ambulances when it deems such inspection is necessary and shall maintain a record thereof. Upon determination, based upon an inspection, that required supplies or equipment fail to meet the requirements of this chapter or regulations adopted pursuant hereto, the Commission may suspend the permit for the ambulance concerned, until such requirements are met.
(2) Every ambulance shall be equipped with equipment and supplies specified by the Commission.
(b) Emergency ambulance licensing and certification. --
(1) The Commission shall carry out the licensing and certification activities assumed by the State under this chapter and perform all inspections required by this chapter, filing all records required by law. The Chairperson may issue a temporary certificate and/or permit with or without inspection when the chairperson finds that such will be in the public interest. A temporary certificate and/or permit shall be valid for a period not to exceed 90 days. All renewals must be authorized by the Commission.
(2) The Commission shall adopt regulations specifying operational standards for ambulances. Regulations so adopted shall also require that the interior of the ambulance and the equipment within the ambulance be sanitary and maintained in good working order and sufficient quantities at all times.
(3) Every ambulance, except those specifically excluded from the operation of this chapter, when operated on an emergency mission in this State shall be occupied by at least 1 person who possesses a valid ambulance attendant's certificate from the Commission.
Questions & Answers: Fire Safety
Delaware Laws: Fire Safety
U.S. Code Provisions: Fire Safety
Federal Regulations: Fire Safety