Current as of: 2010
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Firefighter" means any person initially employed as a full-time professional firefighter by any employing agency, as defined herein, whose primary responsibility is the prevention and extinguishment of fires, the protection and saving of life and property, and the enforcement of municipal, county, and state fire prevention codes, as well as of any law pertaining to the prevention and control of fires.
(2) "Employing agency" means any municipality or county, the state, or any political subdivision of the state, including authorities and special districts, employing firefighters as defined in subsection (1).
(3) "Department" means the Department of Financial Services.
(4) "Council" means the Firefighters Employment, Standards, and Training Council.
(5) "Division" means the Division of State Fire Marshal of the Department of Financial Services.
ss. 1, 17, ch. 69-323; ss. 18, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 1, ch.