Current as of: Dec. 2011
For the purposes of this chapter the following definitions shall apply. However, definitions contained in other chapters of department rules may be used to clarify the meaning of any other terms used in this chapter unless transfer of the definitions would defeat the purpose or alter the intended effect of the provisions of this chapter.
(1) “Advanced maintenance dredging” means dredging in anticipation of localized shoaling to prolong intervals between maintenance dredging events.
(2) “Long-term permit” means a permit issued pursuant to this chapter for any period of time up to but not exceeding 25 years.
(3) “Maintenance dredging” means the removal of shoaling or sedimentation in existing navigation channels, turning basins, and harbor berths associated with deep water, commercial shipping in the ports listed in subsection 62-45.020(1), F.A.C. For the purposes of this chapter, maintenance dredging shall include advance maintenance as set forth in subsection 62-45.030(3), F.A.C.
(4) “Modification of a specific permit condition” means the alteration of a specific permit condition which changes its effect or meaning, or the addition or deletion of a specific permit condition.
(5) “Modification of the project” means the addition, enlargement, or deletion of maintenance dredge areas or dredged material disposal sites authorized by the permit.
(6) “Port authority” means the legislatively established port authority or other administrative body operating one of the ports listed in subsection 62-45.020(1), F.A.C.
(7) “Specific permit conditions” means any binding requirements which have been made conditions of a particular permit including, but not limited to, an operational practice, a zone of mixing, a management practice, the monitoring program, the recordkeeping and reporting program, a compliance schedule for the development of a Port-Wide Long-Term Maintenance Dredged Material Management Plan, or the Plan itself.
Laws implemented by this Rule: Florida Statutes § 403.816
This Rule authorized by: Florida Statutes § 403.061, 403.805
Questions & Answers: Water
Florida Laws: Water
U.S. Code Provisions: Water
Federal Regulations: Water
Related Articles: Water