Current as of: Dec. 2011
(1) Period of Assistance. Funding is available only for project work initiated and completed during a 12-month period beginning July 1 and ending June 30, unless the FCMP grants a written extension for good cause.
(2) Project Objectives. The FCMP shall use coastal management funds for activities and tasks that are consistent with the intent and purpose of the Act and contribute to the protection, management and enhancement of Florida’s coastal resources. The notice of availability of funds shall identify FCMP priorities within the objectives, but applications that meet any of the objectives may be submitted.
(3) Notice. To initiate a funding cycle, the FCMP shall publish a notice of the availability of funds on the Florida Administrative Weekly (FAW) website at https://www.flrules.org/ no later than October 31. The period for submitting applications shall be a minimum of 60 days from publication of the notice of availability of funds.
(4) Application Process. There is no specific application form supplied by FCMP; however, the application format and content shall be as follows:
(a) All applications shall be submitted on 81/2′′ by 11′′ white paper. One original signed application, four paper copies of the application, and one CD-DVD copy of the application must be submitted.
(b) Title Page. Each copy of the application shall include a Title Page that contains the following information:
1. Title of the project.
2. Name of applicant entity and name of applicant partner entity, if applicable, that has agreed to participate.
3. Name, title, phone and fax numbers, e-mail address, and postal address of official contact during application and award procedures.
4. Name of proposed project manager.
5. Signature and date. Include typewritten name and full title of signatory.
(c) Work Plan. This section describes the project and cannot exceed 10 single-sided pages or 5 double-sided pages. The title page, location map, budget page and 306A checklist are not counted as part of the 10 pages. The Work Plan shall include the following sections and information:
1. Project Description. Describe the proposed project or activity, explaining how it enhances or protects coastal resources and meets the priorities identified in the Notice of Availability of Funds. Describe how the work can be completed within one year and implemented upon completion.
2. Project Location. Include a location map no larger than 8 1/2′′ x 11′′. For proposed construction projects, include the location map and an 8 1/2′′ x 11′′ site plan in the 306A checklist.
3. Objective. Describe the specific tasks and deliverables and related timelines for each.
4. Budget. The application must include a budget that:
a. Shows how funds will be expended and describes the source and amount of match funds, if any.
b. Indicates whether additional funds from other sources will be used to complete the proposed project. If total project costs exceed the amount of proposed FCMP funds and match funds, indicate the total project cost.
c. Reflects a maximum of 5% in indirect costs, if the applicant elects to include indirect costs in the project budget.
5. If construction is proposed, a statement confirming that:
a. The applicant has conducted preliminary consultation with appropriate federal, state, regional and local regulatory agencies and the agencies did not identify any apparent conflicts with applicable permit requirements.
b. The property on which construction activities will take place is owned or leased by the applicant or the applicant holds a sufficient easement. Projects located on federally-owned lands are not eligible for FCMP funds.
c. Permits can be obtained and project construction completed within the grant year.
Rulemaking Authority 380.22(3) FS. Law Implemented 380.22 FS. History–New 1-29-09, Amended 8-11-10.
Laws implemented by this Rule: Florida Statutes § 380.22
Questions & Answers: Coastlines
Florida Laws: Coastlines