Current as of: Dec. 2011
(1) “Licensed clinical social worker, or the equivalent, who is a qualified supervisor,” as used in Section 491.005(1)(c), F.S., is defined as an individual who, during the period for which the applicant claims supervised clinical experience, meets one of the following:
(a) Holds an active license as a clinical social worker in the State of Florida;
(b) Is licensed or certified as a social worker in a jurisdiction other than Florida in which the supervision took place, or resides in a jurisdiction other than Florida in which licensure was not required, provided that he or she meets the education and experience requirements for licensure as a clinical social worker under Section 491.005(1), F.S.; or
(c) Is licensed as a marriage and family therapist, or mental health counselor in Florida or in the state in which the supervision took place and can demonstrate nine semester or twelve quarter hours of course work in social work theories and techniques. The concerned hours shall be chosen from an accredited graduate school of social work and relate to three (3) of the following six areas of content: human behavior and social environment I and/or II, social work practice theories, models of the social work practice, advanced social work practice, or ethical issues in contemporary social work practice.
(2) This rule applies to all supervisors providing clinical supervision to interns and trainees.
(3) A qualified supervisor who provides supervision in Florida for interns and trainees must meet equivalency standards of subsection (1); and
(a) Have completed four (4) years of clinical social work experience, two (2) years of which can be earned during a post-masters clinical internship with the remaining two (2) years of experience earned post-licensure; and
(b) Have completed, subsequent to licensure as a clinical social worker, training in supervision in one of the following:
1. A graduate level academic course in supervision which meets the requirements of Rule 64B4-6.0025, F.A.C.; or
2. A continuing education course in supervisory training which meets the requirements of Rule 64B4-6.0025, F.A.C.; or
3. A post-graduate training course for field instructors in clinical social work; or
4. Has been designated an Approved Supervisor by the AAMFT.
Rulemaking Authority 491.004(5) FS. Law Implemented 491.005(1)(c) FS. History–New 7-6-88, Amended 1-4-90, 12-19-90, Formerly 21CC-11.007, 61F4-11.007, Amended 1-7-96, 12-29-96, 6-16-97, Formerly 59P-11.007, Amended 12-11-97, 8-8-99, 6-14-05, 7-16-06, 8-28-07, 4-29-10.
Laws implemented by this Rule: Florida Statutes § 491.005
Questions & Answers: Social Work
Florida Laws: Social Work