Florida Statutes > Title XXXVII > Chapter 633 > § 633.115 - Fire and Emergency Incident Information Reporting Program; duties; fire reports
Current as of: 2011
(1)(a) The Fire and Emergency Incident Information Reporting Program is created within the Division of State Fire Marshal. The program shall:
1. Establish and maintain an electronic communication system capable of transmitting fire and emergency incident information to and between fire protection agencies.
2. Initiate a Fire and Emergency Incident Information Reporting System that shall be responsible for:
a. Receiving fire and emergency incident information from fire protection agencies.
b. Preparing and disseminating annual reports to the Governor, the President of the Senate, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, fire protection agencies, and, upon request, the public. Each report shall include, but not be limited to, the information listed in the National Fire Incident Reporting System.
c. Upon request, providing other states and federal agencies with fire and emergency incident data of this state.
3. Adopt rules to effectively and efficiently implement, administer, manage, maintain, and use the Fire and Emergency Incident Information Reporting Program. The rules shall be considered minimum requirements and shall not preclude a fire protection agency from implementing its own requirements which shall not conflict with the rules of the Division of State Fire Marshal.
4. By rule, establish procedures and a format for each fire protection agency to voluntarily monitor its records and submit reports to the program.
5. Establish an electronic information database which is accessible and searchable by fire protection agencies.
(b) The Division of State Fire Marshal shall consult with the Division of Forestry of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and the Bureau of Emergency Medical Services of the Department of Health to coordinate data, ensure accuracy of the data, and limit duplication of efforts in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
(2) The Fire and Emergency Incident Information System Technical Advisory Panel is created within the Division of State Fire Marshal. The panel shall advise, review, and recommend to the State Fire Marshal with respect to the requirements of this section. The membership of the panel shall consist of the following 15 members:
(a) The current 13 members of the Firefighters Employment, Standards, and Training Council as established in s. 633.31.
(b) One member from the Division of Forestry of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, appointed by the division director.
(c) One member from the Bureau of Emergency Medical Services of the Department of Health, appointed by the bureau chief.
(3) For the purpose of this section, the term "fire protection agency" shall be defined by rule by the Division of State Fire Marshal.
s. 2, ch. 2005-117.
Questions & Answers: Fire Safety
U.S. Code Provisions: Fire Safety
Federal Regulations: Fire Safety