Current as of: 2011
(1)(a) Service warranty associations licensed under this part may be subject to periodic examination by the office, in the same manner and subject to the same terms and conditions that apply to insurers under part II of chapter 624.
(b) The office shall determine whether to conduct an examination of a service warranty association by considering:
1. The amount of time that the association has been continuously licensed and operating under the same management and control.
2. The association’s history of compliance with applicable law.
3. The number of consumer complaints against the association.
4. The financial condition of the association, demonstrated by the financial reports submitted pursuant to s. 634.313.
(2) The rate charged a service warranty association by the office for examination may be adjusted to reflect the amount collected for the Form 10-K filing fee as provided in this section.
(3) On or before May 1 of each year, an association may submit to the office the Form 10-K, as filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Upon receipt and review of the most current Form 10-K, the office may waive the examination requirement; if the office determines not to waive the examination, such examination will be limited to that examination necessary to ensure compliance with this part. The Form 10-K shall be accompanied by a filing fee of $2,000 to be deposited into the Insurance Regulatory Trust Fund.
(4) The office is not required to examine an association that has less than $20,000 in gross written premiums as reflected in its most recent annual statement. The office may examine such an association if it has reason to believe that the association may be in violation of this part or is otherwise in an unsound financial condition. If the office examines an association that has less than $20,000 in gross written premiums, the examination fee may not exceed 5 percent of the gross written premiums of the association.
s. 5, ch. 78-255; s. 3, ch. 81-148; s. 2, ch. 81-318; s.
U.S. Code Provisions: Warranties
Federal Regulations: Warranties
Related Articles: Warranties