Home  > Florida Statutes 720.30851 - Estoppel certificates 
Search the Florida Statutes

Florida Statutes 720.30851 - Estoppel certificates

Florida Statutes > Chapter 720 > Part I > 720.30851

Current as of: 2012
Within 15 days after the date on which a request for an estoppel certificate is received from a parcel owner or mortgagee, or his or her designee, the association shall provide a certificate signed by an officer or authorized agent of the association stating all assessments and other moneys owed to the association by the parcel owner or mortgagee with respect to the parcel. An association may charge a fee for the preparation of such certificate, and the amount of such fee must be stated on the certificate.
   (1) Any person other than a parcel owner who relies upon a certificate receives the benefits and protection thereof.
   (2) A summary proceeding pursuant to s. 51.011 may be brought to compel compliance with this section, and the prevailing party is entitled to recover reasonable attorney's fees.
   (3) The authority to charge a fee for the certificate shall be established by a written resolution adopted by the board or provided by a written management, bookkeeping, or maintenance contract and is payable upon the preparation of the certificate. If the certificate is requested in conjunction with the sale or mortgage of a parcel but the closing does not occur and no later than 30 days after the closing date for which the certificate was sought the preparer receives a written request, accompanied by reasonable documentation, that the sale did not occur from a payor that is not the parcel owner, the fee shall be refunded to that payor within 30 days after receipt of the request. The refund is the obligation of the parcel owner, and the association may collect it from that owner in the same manner as an assessment as provided in this section.
Florida Statutes 720.3085 - Payment for assessments; lien claimsPart I Table of ContentsFlorida Statutes 720.3086 - Financial report


Questions & Answers: Cooperatives and Associations Generally

If meetings of a 719 co-op are recorded does a shareholder have a right to ask for a copy of such recordings?...
I would like to request the meeting of the coop board in my building that voted to cancel my shares in the corporation.Thank you...
Which court has jurisdiction over reversing cancellation of shares,not the housing court or civil court?...
We are a HOA under Forida statues chapter 720. On April 24th board meeting. the board made a motion to send a violation letter and impose a $20.00 fine on one of our members. Prio...
Can a Fla HOA have a even number of vote such as 2 for one person and one for each of the other 2 total of 4 votes...
What if a coop board does not have a annual election. Can they still remain on the board and sign documents on behalf of the coop?...

Florida Laws: Cooperatives and Associations Generally

Florida Statutes > Chapter 618 - Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Associations
Florida Statutes > Chapter 619 - Nonprofit Cooperative Associations
Florida Statutes > Chapter 719 - Cooperatives
Florida Statutes > Chapter 720 - Homeowners' Associations
Florida Regulations Chapter 61B-75 - Cooperatives
Florida Regulations Chapter 61B-76 - Accounting and Financial Reporting Requirements; Budgets, Guarantees, and Reserves; Financial Statements and Reports
Florida Regulations Chapter 61B-77 - Resolution Guidelines for Cooperative Developers
Florida Regulations Chapter 61B-78 - Association Fee and Mailing Address; Cooperative Resolution Guidelines for Unit Owner Controlled Associations

U.S. Code Provisions: Cooperatives and Associations Generally

U.S. Code > Title 15 > Chapter 12 - Discrimination Against Farmers' Cooperative Associations By Boards Of Trade
Comments (0)add comment

Post a comment or question below.
smaller | bigger

Email  Email Print  Print   Digg