Current as of: 2011
The following words and phrases used in this chapter shall, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, have the following meanings:
(1) "Commission" means the Parole Commission.
(2) "Correctional system" means all prisons and other state correctional institutions now existing or hereafter created under the jurisdiction of the Department of Corrections.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Corrections.
(4) "Elderly offender" means a prisoner age 50 or older in a state correctional institution or facility operated by the Department of Corrections or the Department of Management Services.
(5) "Lease-purchase agreement" means an installment sales contract which requires regular payments with an interest charge included and which provides that the lessee receive title to the property upon final payment.
(6) "Prisoner" means any person who is under civil or criminal arrest and in the lawful custody of any law enforcement official, or any person committed to or detained in any municipal or county jail or state prison, prison farm, or penitentiary, or to the custody of the department pursuant to lawful authority.
(7) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Corrections.
(8) "State correctional institution" means any prison, road camp, prison industry, prison forestry camp, or any prison camp or prison farm or other correctional facility, temporary or permanent, in which prisoners are housed, worked, or maintained, under the custody and jurisdiction of the department.
s. 1, ch. 57-121; s. 18, ch. 61-530; ss. 19, 35, ch. 69-
Questions & Answers: Corrections
U.S. Code Provisions: Corrections
Federal Regulations: Corrections