Kansas Statutes > Chapter 65 > Article 61 > § 65-6133 - Denial, revocation, limitation, modification or suspension of attendant's or instructor-coordinator's certificate; hearing
Current as of: 2009
(a) An attendant's or instructor-coordinator's certificate may be denied, revoked, limited, modified or suspended by the board or the board may refuse to renew such certificate upon proof that such individual:
(1) Has made intentional misrepresentations in obtaining a certificate or renewing a certificate;
(2) has performed or attempted to perform activities not authorized by statute at the level of certification held by the individual;
(3) has demonstrated incompetence as defined by rules and regulations adopted by the board or has provided inadequate patient care as determined by the board;
(4) has violated or aided and abetted in the violation of any provision of this act or the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder;
(5) has been convicted of a felony and, after investigation by the board, it is determined that such person has not been sufficiently rehabilitated to warrant the public trust;
(6) has demonstrated an inability to perform authorized activities with reasonable skill and safety by reason of illness, alcoholism, excessive use of drugs, controlled substances or any physical or mental condition; or
(7) has engaged in unprofessional conduct, as defined by rules and regulations adopted by the board.
(b) The board may limit, modify, revoke or suspend an attendant's or instructor-coordinator's certificate or the board may refuse to renew such certificate in accordance with the provisions of the Kansas administrative procedure act.
History: L. 1988, ch. 261, § 33; L. 1990, ch. 235, § 6; L. 1998, ch. 133, § 14; July 1.