Current as of: 2009
(a) There is hereby established the center for innovative school leadership. The center shall be a cooperative endeavor of Emporia state university, Pittsburg state university and Fort Hays state university.
(b) The center for innovative school leadership shall:
(1) Provide consultation and assistance, upon request of school districts, for the purpose of improving administrative efficiency.
(2) Provide consultation and assistance, upon request of school districts, for the purpose of assisting school districts in administrative evaluation and problem solving.
(3) Form teams which include representatives from the fields of education, business and industry to consult with and assist school districts with improvements in administrative and efficiency issues.
(4) Form cooperative or outsourcing arrangements among school districts to assist districts in improving administrative efficiency.
(5) Provide assistance to school districts, for the purpose of improving academic efficiencies.
(c) Subject to appropriations therefor, the presidents of the three cooperating universities shall appoint a director for the center for innovative school leadership. The first three years of funding for the center shall be subject to appropriations by the state.
(d) The presidents of the three cooperating universities annually shall submit a report to the chairpersons of the senate committee on ways and means and the house committee on appropriations concerning the center's consultation to local school districts and other activities of the center undertaken pursuant to this section.
(e) The center will negotiate with school districts on the costs for utilizing services of the center. Such costs may be based on: (1) A set flat fee for services; (2) a percentage of dollars saved; or (3) a combination of (1) and (2).
History: L. 2004, ch. 124, § 2; July 1.
Questions & Answers: Higher Education Next