A. Notwithstanding the provisions of R.S. 33:3812, the governing authorities of the parishes of East Carroll and West Carroll may create and provide, by resolution duly adopted by each governing authority, the N.E.W. Carroll Water District, hereinafter referred to as the "district". The district shall be comprised of the following territory in the parishes of East Carroll and West Carroll:
(1) An area bound on the North by the Arkansas-Louisiana State Line and on the West by Boeuf River and on the South by the following roads: Beginning at the intersection of Highway 585 and Allen Road extension continue East to the intersection of Allen Road and Highway 586, following Highway 586 East to the intersection of Highway 586 and Old Kilbourne Road North, then South on Old Kilbourne Road North to Oak Grove city limits, then East on Percy Martin Road to the intersection of Percy Martin Road and Highway 17 North, then North on Highway 17 to the intersection of Highway 17 and Stanford Road, then East on Stanford Road to the intersection of Philley Lane and Stanford Road, then South on Philley Lane to the intersection of Highway 2 and Philley Lane, then East on Highway 2 to the Bayou Macon River.
(2) An area bound on the North by the Arkansas-Louisiana State Line and on the West by the Bayou Macon River, on the South by the Schrock Road and on the East by the Bayou Macon Wildlife Area.
(3) An additional area bound on the East by the Mississippi River Levee and the South boundary being the community of Shelburn.
(4) The village of Kilbourne, including all of the area within the city limits of Kilbourne.
B.(1) Notwithstanding the provisions of R.S. 33:3812, the district shall be governed by a seven-member board of commissioners. The board of commissioners shall be appointed by the governing authorities of the parishes of East Carroll and West Carroll, with the governing authorities appointing a majority of the seven-member board from residents of the parish of West Carroll.
(2) The term of each initial appointee to the board of commissioners and any subsequent appointee shall be for three years. The members of the board of commissioners shall serve at the pleasure of the appointing governing authority.