Current as of: 2010 (a) (1) The Board consists of 5 members.
(2) Of the 5 members of the Board:
(i) 3 shall be licensed landscape architects; and
(ii) 2 shall be consumer members.
(3) The Governor shall appoint the members with the advice of the Secretary and the advice and consent of the Senate.
(b) Each landscape architect member shall be a licensed landscape architect who has practiced landscape architecture in the State for at least 5 years.
(c) Each consumer member of the Board:
(1) shall be a member of the general public;
(2) may not be a licensee or otherwise be subject to regulation by the Board;
(3) may not be required to meet the qualifications for the professional members of the Board; and
(4) may not, within 1 year before appointment, have had a financial interest in or have received compensation from a person regulated by the Board.
(d) While a member of the Board, a consumer member may not:
(1) have a financial interest in or receive compensation from a person regulated by the Board; or
(2) grade any examination given by or for the Board.
(e) Before taking office, each appointee to the Board shall take the oath required by Article I, § 9 of the Maryland Constitution.
(f) (1) The term of a member is 3 years and begins on July 1.
(2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Board on October 1, 1989.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(g) The Governor may remove a member for incompetence or misconduct.Prev
Questions & Answers: Regulated Industries & Professions
Maryland Laws: Regulated Industries & Professions
U.S. Code Provisions: Regulated Industries & Professions