Current as of: 2010
(a) A participating agency that requests the assignment of a community service worker:
(1) is responsible for supervising the worker who is assigned to the agency; and
(2) shall accept the assignment of the worker on the terms and conditions imposed by the court.
(b) (1) A participating agency may report the unsuitability of a community service worker to the court.
(2) If a worker is reported to be unsuitable, the court:
(i) shall remove the worker from the project; and
(ii) after considering all the facts and circumstances, may reassign the worker or take other action allowed by law.
(c) This subtitle does not limit the authority of a court to direct a juvenile or a defendant, under the supervision of the Division of Parole and Probation, the Department of Juvenile Services, or any other unit or individual as directed by the court, to make restitution to the victim of a particular crime or to perform certain services for the victim as an alternative means of restitution:
(1) as a condition of probation;
(2) as a condition of suspended sentence; or
(3) instead of any fines and court costs imposed.Prev
Questions & Answers: Corrections
U.S. Code Provisions: Corrections
Federal Regulations: Corrections