Current as of: 2010
(a) (1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, a person shall be registered by the Department before the person manufactures, distributes, or dispenses a controlled dangerous substance in the State.
(2) The Department shall adopt regulations to carry out this subsection.
(b) An applicant must register separately each principal place of business or professional practice where the applicant manufactures, distributes, or dispenses a controlled dangerous substance.
(c) To the extent authorized by the registration and subject to subsection (b) of this section and this subtitle, a person registered by the Department under this subtitle may:
(1) possess, manufacture, distribute, or dispense controlled dangerous substances; and
(2) perform any activity listed in item (1) of this subsection to conduct research.
(d) A person need not register with the Department to possess a controlled dangerous substance while acting in the course of the person’s business or profession if the person is:
(1) an agent or agent’s employee of a registered manufacturer, distributor, or dispenser of a controlled dangerous substance;
(2) a common or contract carrier or warehouseman, or an employee of a common or contract carrier or warehouseman; or
(3) an ultimate user or person in possession of a controlled dangerous substance acting in good faith in accordance with a lawful order of an authorized provider.
(e) If the Department finds that a waiver is consistent with public health and safety, by regulation, the Department may waive the registration requirement for a manufacturer, distributor, or dispenser.Prev
Questions & Answers: Criminal Law
U.S. Code Provisions: Criminal Law