Current as of: 2010
(a) (1) On receiving and before depositing a contribution specified in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a treasurer or subtreasurer shall issue a campaign contribution receipt on the form that the State Board prescribes.
(2) A campaign contribution receipt shall be mailed or delivered to each person who:
(i) makes one or more contributions, other than the purchase of tickets for a campaign event, in the cumulative amount of $51 or more; or
(ii) purchases one or more tickets for a campaign event:
1. at a cost of $51 or more per ticket; or
2. in the cumulative amount of $251 or more.
(3) At the request of a contributor, a treasurer or subtreasurer shall issue a campaign contribution receipt for any other contribution.
(4) A campaign contribution receipt issued under this section is evidence of the contribution.
(b) The information from a campaign contribution receipt shall be included in the campaign finance report filed by the treasurer or subtreasurer under this title.Prev
Questions & Answers: Elections and Apportionment
Maryland Laws: Elections and Apportionment
U.S. Code Provisions: Elections and Apportionment