Current as of: 2010
(a) The Director may enter into an agreement with an agency responsible for the regulation of coal mining in another state to provide for the recognition in Maryland of mine foreman and fire-boss certificates or other certifications issued by that state if:
(1) The Director determines that the certification requirements of that state are substantially equivalent to the corresponding Maryland requirements; and
(2) The other state provides reciprocal recognition of certificates issued by the Bureau.
(b) (1) An individual who holds a mine foreman certificate, fire-boss certificate, or other certification issued by an agency of another state that has entered into an agreement under subsection (a) of this section may apply to the Bureau for reciprocal certification.
(2) An applicant for reciprocal certification shall submit to the Bureau:
(i) An application on the form provided by the Bureau;
(ii) A copy of the applicant’s mine foreman certificate, fire-boss certificate, or other certification issued by the other state; and
(iii) Any other information that the Bureau requires.
(c) The examining authority:
(1) Shall review an application submitted under subsection (b) of this section;
(2) In accordance with the agreement entered into under subsection (a) of this section, may require that the applicant satisfy any additional requirements that the Bureau establishes for reciprocal certification; and
(3) If the applicant qualifies for reciprocal certification, may require the applicant to pay a fee to the State comparable to the fee for a certificate issued under other provisions of this subtitle.
(d) An individual to whom a reciprocal certificate is issued under this section shall promptly notify the Bureau if the state which issued the original mine foreman certificate, fire-boss certificate, or other certification that was a basis for the reciprocal certification suspends, revokes, or takes other disciplinary action against the original certificate.
(e) The holder of a reciprocal certificate is subject to the jurisdiction of the Bureau in the same manner as the holder of:
(1) A mine foreman certificate or fire-boss certificate issued under this subtitle; or
(2) Any other certification recognized under this subtitle.Prev
Questions & Answers: Environment
Maryland Laws: Environment
U.S. Code Provisions: Environment
Federal Regulations: Environment