(a) Any properly accredited person of known scientific attainment desiring to collect wildlife, nests, or eggs from the wild for scientific or educational purposes shall first obtain a scientific collection permit from the Secretary.
(b) The Secretary may issue a scientific collecting permit, on the payment of a reasonable fee, to any properly accredited person who has demonstrated a legitimate scientific or educational need for the requested wildlife.
(c) The Secretary may adopt regulations governing the issuance, revocation, terms, and conditions of the permit.
(d) The permit:
(1) Shall expire December 31 of the issuing year; and
(2) May not be transferred to another person.
(e) The permit becomes void on proof that the permittee has:
(1) Captured or killed any wildlife;
(2) Taken any nests or eggs for other than scientific or educational purposes; or
(3) Taken or possessed any wildlife, nests, or eggs not authorized by the permit.