Current as of: 2010
(a) (1) To ensure economical and efficient use of motor vehicles by units of the Executive Branch of the State government, the Secretary shall adopt and enforce regulations to carry out the provisions of this subtitle.
(2) The regulations adopted under this section shall apply to:
(i) all phases of the use and maintenance of State-owned motor vehicles; and
(ii) the reimbursement of owners of privately owned motor vehicles.
(3) The regulations shall be directed to:
(i) requiring the effective, efficient, and inexpensive use of all motor vehicles; and
(ii) compiling and maintaining accurate and detailed cost accounting records for all use of motor vehicles.
(4) The regulations shall provide that, unless the Secretary determines on the basis of published criteria that the use of a State-owned motor vehicle is required for the efficient operation of a State program regardless of miles traveled, State-owned motor vehicles shall be allocated to those State employees accumulating the greatest mileage for official use.
(b) Consistent with this section, the Secretary may reassign State-owned motor vehicles between or among units of the Executive Branch of the State government if federally funded programs are substantially reduced or discontinued.
(c) Subject to § 2-1246 of the State Government Article, the Secretary shall submit to the General Assembly an annual report that includes, in detail:
(1) the text of any regulations that have been adopted under this section and are currently in effect; and
(2) a statement of any problems involved in ensuring compliance with this subtitle.Prev
Questions & Answers: Finance
Maryland Laws: Finance