Current as of: 2010
Subdivision 1. Definitions.
(a) For purposes of this section, the following terms have the meanings given:
(1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of transportation; and
(2) "guideway" means a form of transportation service provided to the public on a regular and ongoing basis, that operates on exclusive or controlled rights-of-way or rails in whole or in part, and includes each line for intercity passenger rail, commuter rail, light rail transit, streetcars, and bus rapid transit.
(b) For purposes of this section, "sources of funds" includes, but is not limited to, money from federal aid, state appropriations, the Metropolitan Council, special taxing districts, local units of government, fare box recovery, and nonpublic sources.
Subd. 2. Legislative report.
(a) By November 15 in every odd-numbered year, the commissioner shall prepare, in collaboration with the Metropolitan Council, and submit a report electronically to the chairs and ranking minority members of the house of representatives and senate committees with jurisdiction over transportation policy and finance concerning the status of guideway projects (1) currently in study, planning, development, or construction; (2) identified in the transportation policy plan under section 473.146; or (3) identified in the comprehensive statewide freight and passenger rail plan under section 174.03, subdivision 1b.
(b) At a minimum, the report must include, for each guideway project:
(1) a brief description of the project, including projected ridership;
(2) a summary of the overall status and current phase of the project;
(3) a timeline that includes (i) project phases or milestones; (ii) expected and known dates of commencement of each phase or milestone; and (iii) expected and known dates of completion of each phase or milestone;
(4) a brief progress update on specific project phases or milestones completed since the last previous submission of a report under this subdivision; and
(5) a summary financial plan that identifies, to the extent available:
(i) capital expenditures, including expenditures to date and total projected expenditures, with a breakdown by committed and proposed sources of funds for the project; and
(ii) estimated annual operations and maintenance expenditures reflecting the level of detail available in the current phase of the project development, with a breakdown by committed and proposed sources of funds for the projects in the Metropolitan Council's transportation policy plan.
2010 c 350 s 8
U.S. Code Provisions: Transportation Authorities