Missouri Laws > Title XVII > Chapter 266 > § 266.543 - Advisory council, appointment, qualifications, terms, expenses, duties, vacancies
Current as of: 2009
266.543. 1. An advisory council of nine members shall be appointed by the director pursuant to this section. Of the nine members so appointed, three shall be actively employed as limestone producers, three shall be actively engaged in the business of farming, and three shall be chosen from the residents at large of this state. The three members chosen from the residents at large of this state shall be selected by the director with the approval of a majority of the other six members of the advisory council.
2. The advisory council shall:
(1) Meet at least once each year;
(2) Annually review with the director the income received and expenditures made under sections 266.500 to 266.550;
(3) Review and approve all rules, and revisions or rescissions thereof, to be promulgated by the director;
(4) Consider all information and advise the director in determining the method and amount of fees to be assessed. In performing its duties under this subdivision, the advisory council shall represent the best interests of the Missouri farmers;
(5) Serve in an advisory capacity in all matters pertaining to the administration of sections 266.500 to 266.550.
3. All members of the advisory council shall serve for terms of three years and until their successors are duly appointed and qualified; except that, of the members first appointed:
(1) One member who is actively employed as a limestone producer, one member actively engaged in the business of farming, and one member chosen from the residents of this state at large shall serve for terms of three years;
(2) One member who is actively employed as a limestone producer, one member actively engaged in the business of farming, and one member chosen from the residents of this state at large shall serve for terms of two years; and
(3) The remaining three members shall serve for terms of one year.
4. All members shall be residents of this state. No member may serve more than two consecutive terms on the advisory council, but any member may be reappointed after he has not been a member of the advisory council for a period of at least three years.
5. All members shall be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties in accordance with the reimbursement policy of the director. All reimbursements paid under this section shall be paid from fees collected under sections 266.291 to 266.351.
6. Every vacancy on the advisory council shall be filled by the director with the approval of a majority of the remaining members of the council. The person selected to fill any such vacancy shall possess the same qualifications required by this section as the member he replaces and shall serve until the end of the unexpired term of his predecessor.
(L. 1985 S.B. 65) Prev | Next