Current as of: 2009
The board shall, subject to the provisions of 75-2-207:
(1) adopt, amend, and repeal rules for the administration, implementation, and enforcement of this chapter, for issuing orders under and in accordance with 42 U.S.C. 7419, and for fulfilling the requirements of 42 U.S.C. 7420 and regulations adopted pursuant to that section, except that, for purposes other than agricultural open burning, the board may not adopt permitting requirements or any other rule relating to:
(a) any agricultural activity or equipment that is associated with the use of agricultural land or the planting, production, processing, harvesting, or storage of agricultural crops by an agricultural producer and that is not subject to the requirements of 42 U.S.C. 7475, 7503, or 7661a; or
(b) a commercial operation relating to the activities or equipment referred to in subsection (1)(a) that remains in a single location for less than 12 months and is not subject to the requirements of 42 U.S.C. 7475, 7503, or 7661a;
(2) hold hearings relating to any aspect of or matter in the administration of this chapter at a place designated by the board. The board may compel the attendance of witnesses and the production of evidence at hearings. The board shall designate an attorney to assist in conducting hearings and shall appoint a reporter who must be present at all hearings and take full stenographic notes of all proceedings, transcripts of which will be available to the public at cost.
(3) issue orders necessary to effectuate the purposes of this chapter;
(4) by rule require access to records relating to emissions;
(5) by rule adopt a schedule of fees required for permits, permit applications, and registrations consistent with this chapter;
(6) have the power to issue orders under and in accordance with 42 U.S.C. 7419.
U.S. Code Provisions: Air Pollution
Federal Regulations: Air Pollution