Current as of: 2010
For purposes of the Public Accountancy Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Board means the Nebraska State Board of Public Accountancy;
(2) Certificate means a certificate issued under sections 1-114 to 1-124;
(3) Firm means a proprietorship, partnership, corporation, or limited liability company engaged in the practice of public accountancy in this state entitled to register with the board;
(4) Partnership includes, but is not limited to, a limited liability partnership;
(5) Permit means a permit to engage in the practice of public accountancy in this state issued under section 1-136;
(6) Practice privilege means the privilege of an accountant to practice public accountancy or hold himself or herself out as a certified public accountant in this state in accordance with section 1-125.01;
(7) State means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States; and
(8) Temporary practice privilege means the privilege of a foreign accountant to temporarily practice public accountancy in this state in accordance with section 1-125.02.
Laws 1957, c. 1, § 1, p. 55; Laws 1991, LB 75, § 1; Laws 1997, LB 114, § 3; Laws 2009, LB31, § 2.