Current as of: 2010
All growers in the State of Nebraska shall conform to the following requirements:
(1) Each grower shall apply for a grower's license, on forms furnished by the department, prior to March 15 for the following fiscal year. The application shall include the applicant's social security number. Each fiscal year shall begin on October 1;
(2) All grower's licenses shall expire on September 30 each year unless previously revoked;
(3) Prior to license issuance, all applicants shall submit an inspection fee, not to exceed twenty-five dollars per acre inspected, as set forth in the rules and regulations;
(4) Applications not received prior to April 15 and initial applications not received prior to beginning distribution shall be considered delinquent and shall have an inspection fee of all actual costs assessed to the person making the application, not to exceed thirty-five dollars per acre inspected, fifty cents per mile traveled for the purpose of inspection, and twenty-five dollars per hour for travel and inspection time, as set forth in the rules and regulations;
(5) A copy of the valid grower's license shall be posted in a conspicuous place at the distribution location; and
(6) Each grower shall post sign markers which delineate sections of nursery stock. A section shall be no larger than five acres.
Laws 1988, LB 874, § 21; Laws 1993, LB 406, § 13; Laws 1997, LB 752, § 50.
U.S. Code Provisions: Agriculture Generally