Current as of: 2010
The Legislature finds and declares that:
(1) Insufficient venture capital resources exist within the State of Nebraska to meet substantial portions of the equity needs of new and high-growth business enterprises;
(2) Nebraska is a net exporter of venture capital;
(3) The venture capital needs of Nebraska business enterprises are not currently being met due to the lack of operational readiness and expertise among new and high-growth business enterprises;
(4) The best and primary role the State of Nebraska can play is creating an effective operational assistance program to assist Nebraska businesses in becoming venture-ready to effectively attract and retain capital in this state in partnership with the private sector;
(5) Entrepreneurs and high-growth business enterprises need technical assistance in understanding equity markets and how to position themselves to receive equity funding; and
(6) Creation of an operational assistance program must be flexible and market driven.
Laws 2007, LB425, § 2.
Questions & Answers: Government Departments and Services
Nebraska Laws: Government Departments and Services
U.S. Code Provisions: Government Departments and Services
Federal Regulations: Government Departments and Services