Nebraska Statutes > Chapter 9 > § 9-346 - Determination of winner; pickle cards; requirements
Current as of: 2010
(1) The winning cards, boards, or tickets in any lottery by the sale of pickle cards shall be determined by a comparison of those numbers, letters, symbols, or configurations, or combination thereof, which are revealed on the pickle cards, to a set of numbers, letters, symbols, or configurations, or combination thereof, which has been previously specified as a winning combination. Whenever the winning combinations do not comprise a statement of the cash prize won, the winning combinations shall be printed on every pickle card that is wider than one inch or longer than two and one-half inches. Pickle cards that are smaller than such dimensions shall have the winning combinations printed on a flare card that is publicly displayed at the point of sale of the pickle cards.
(2) The winning chances of any pickle card shall not be determined or otherwise known until after its purchase and only upon opening, pulling, detaching, breaking open, or otherwise removing the tab or tabs to clearly reveal or otherwise appropriately revealing the combination. The winning chances shall be determined by and based upon an element of chance.
(3) Any person possessing a winning pickle card shall receive the appropriate cash prize previously determined and specified for that winning combination.
(4) All pickle cards shall legibly bear on the outside of each pickle card the name of the licensed organization conducting the lottery by the sale of pickle cards and such organization's state identification number.
(5) Nothing in this section shall prohibit (a) punchboards which allow the person who purchases the last punch on the punchboard to receive a cash prize predetermined by the manufacturer as a result of purchasing the last punch, (b) pickle card units which utilize a seal card which allows a seal card winner to receive a cash prize predetermined by the manufacturer, (c) pickle card units which utilize a seal card as described in this section which allow the person who purchases the last pickle card of such a unit to receive a cash prize predetermined by the manufacturer as a result of purchasing the last pickle card, or (d) pickle card units which are designed by a manufacturer to utilize bingo numbers drawn during the conduct of bingo to determine a winning combination. Such pickle card units shall be sold by a licensed distributor only to an organization licensed to conduct a lottery by the sale of pickle cards which is also licensed to conduct bingo and shall be played only at the bingo premises of the licensed organization during a bingo occasion conducted pursuant to the Nebraska Bingo Act.
Laws 1983, LB 259, § 5; Laws 1984, LB 949, § 11; Laws 1985, LB 408, § 4; R.S.Supp.,1985, § 9-140.01; Laws 1986, LB 1027, § 112; Laws 1988, LB 1232, § 44; Laws 1989, L
Questions & Answers: GamblingSee also:
U.S. Code Provisions: Gambling
Federal Regulations: Gambling