As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Abandoned residential property" means residential property which has been:
(a) Acquired by the governing body pursuant to the provisions of NRS 361.603 or subsection 3 of NRS 279B.100, or by a grant from the Federal Government, the state government or any political subdivision of the State;
(b) Declared to have been abandoned by the Federal Government, the state government or the governing body; and
(c) Determined by the governing body to be in need of rehabilitation because of its deteriorated, substandard or unsanitary condition.
2. "Agency" means an agency of a county or city established or designated to administer a program.
3. "Governing body" means the governing body of a county or city.
4. "Program" means a program for the rehabilitation of abandoned residential properties established by a governing body pursuant to this chapter.
5. "Rehabilitation" includes structural improvements, landscaping and any other measure to improve the appearance of property or maintain property in a decent, safe and sanitary condition.