New Jersey Statutes > Title 17B > Chapter 26 > § 17B:26-44.4 - Alternative dental coverage; original coverage restricted to limited number of providers
Current as of: 2009
As used in this act:
a. "Home health care" means those nursing and other home health care services rendered to a person in his place of residence, under the following conditions:
(1) On a part-time and intermittent basis, except when full-time or 24-hour services are needed on a short-term basis;
(2) If continuing hospitalization would otherwise have been required if home health care were not provided;
(3) Pursuant to a physician's order and under a plan of care established by the responsible physician in collaboration with a home health care provider, which plan shall be periodically reviewed and approved by said physician. All care plans shall be established within 14 days following the commencement of home health care.
b. "Home health care services" means any of the following services necessary for achievement of the care plan set forth for the patient:
(1) Nursing care;
(2) Physical therapy;
(3) Occupational therapy;
(4) Medical social work;
(5) Nutrition services;
(6) Speech therapy;
(7) Home health aide services;
(8) Medical appliances and equipment, drugs, and medications, laboratory services and special meals, to the extent such items and services would have been covered under the policy if the covered person had been in a hospital;
(9) Any diagnostic or therapeutic service, including surgical services, performed in a hospital outpatient department, a doctor's office or any other licensed health care facility, provided such service would have been covered under the policy if performed as inpatient hospital services.
C. "Home health care provider" means a home health care agency which is certified to participate as a home health agency under Title XVIII of the Social Security Act or a proprietary agency licensed by the Commissioner of Health. At such time as home health agency licensure standards are promulgated pursuant to P.L.1971, c. 136 and 138, home health care providers shall be licensed agencies.
L.1977, c. 98, s. 2.
Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: InsuranceSee also:
U.S. Code Provisions: Insurance
Federal Regulations: Insurance