Current as of: 2010
A. The state game commission shall administer the provisions of the Shooting Range Fund Act [17-7-1 NMSA 1978] and shall, pursuant to the State Rules Act [14-4-1 NMSA 1978], adopt such rules and regulations as deemed necessary to carry out the provisions of the Shooting Range Fund Act.
B. Rules and regulations shall include:
(1) a method for the determination of a county or municipality eligibility for grants from the shooting range fund;
(2) procedures for applications, approvals and rejections of grant proposals;
(3) a requirement that a county or municipality contribute at least twenty-five percent of the cost necessary to complete a shooting range grant proposal;
(4) a requirement that one-half of the local contribution required by Paragraph (3) of this subsection is to be money;
(5) a requirement that a shooting range project shall be undertaken in accordance with specifications determined by the department of game and fish. Such specifications may provide for pistol, rifle, shotgun and archery facilities; and
(6) provisions for the operation and maintenance of shooting range facilities.
C. Grants from the shooting range fund shall be awarded by the state game commission only for new public shooting range construction or for improvements to existing public shooting ranges. No funds shall be approved for maintenance of shooting ranges nor for shooting range renovation prior to 1980. No grant from the money appropriated to the shooting range fund shall exceed:
(1) twenty-five percent of the cost of any one project; nor
(2) more than ten percent of the amount appropriated to the shooting range fund by the Shooting Range Fund Act.
D. The state game commission may expend not more than five percent of the appropriated money in the shooting range fund each fiscal year for administrative purposes to carry out the provisions of the Shooting Range Fund Act.
New Mexico Laws: Hunting
U.S. Code Provisions: Hunting
Federal Regulations: Hunting