Current as of: 2010
* § 1201. Powers and duties. 1. The task force established by section twelve hundred of this article shall:
(a) review the existing literature on air quality at toll plazas and any occupational health studies or case reports on those who work at toll plazas and identify gaps in the scientific literature, as they relate to toll plazas in New York city;
(b) to the extent that funds are appropriated, the commissioner shall in conjunction with the commissioner of environmental conservation identify, study, and determine health effects of air quality at toll plazas in New York city including effects on those employed at such toll plazas;
(c) evaluate whether state law sufficiently resolves issues related to the health of those employed at such toll plazas; and
(d) prepare a report identifying policy options and recommendations regarding health effects of air quality at toll plazas in New York city including effects on those employed at such toll plazas.
2. All state departments, commissions, agencies or public authorities shall provide information and advice in a timely manner and otherwise assist the task force with its work.
3. The task force may hold public hearings, and take testimony at such places as it deems necessary.
4. The task force shall make a preliminary report to the governor and the legislature of its findings, conclusions, recommendations and activities already undertaken by the task force, not later than April first, two thousand ten, and a final report of its findings, conclusions, recommendations and activities already undertaken by such task force, not later than April first, two thousand eleven and shall submit with its reports legislative proposals and regulatory changes as it deems necessary to implement its recommendations.
* NB Repealed April 1, 2011
New York Laws: Air Pollution
U.S. Code Provisions: Air Pollution
Federal Regulations: Air Pollution