Current as of: 2010
(a) An entity required to maintain a registered office and registered agent under Gen. Stat. 55D-30 may change its registered office or registered agent by delivering to the Secretary of State for filing a statement of change that sets forth all of the following:
(1) The name of the entity.
(2) The street address, and the mailing address if different from the street address, of its current registered office, and the county in which it is located.
(3) If the address of the entity's registered office is to be changed, the street address, and the mailing address if different from the street address, of the new registered office, and the county in which it is located.
(4) The name of its current registered agent.
(5) If the current registered agent is to be changed, the name of the new registered agent and the new agent's written consent (either on the statement or attached to it) to the appointment.
(6) That after the change or changes are made, the addresses of its registered office and the business office of its registered agent will be identical.
(b) If a registered agent changes the address of the agent's business office, the agent may change the address of the registered office of any entity for which the agent is the registered agent in this State by notifying the entity in writing of the change and signing and delivering to the Secretary of State for filing a statement that complies with the requirements of subsection (a) of this section and recites that the entity has been notified of the change.
(c) A domestic corporation, limited liability company, limited liability limited partnership, registered limited liability partnership, foreign corporation, foreign limited liability company, or foreign limited liability partnership may change its registered office or registered agent by including in its annual report required by Gen. Stat. 55-16-22, 57C-2-23, 59-84.4, or 59-210 the information and any written consent required by subsection (a) of this section. (1901, c. 2, s. 31; Rev., s. 1176; C.S., s. 1133; G.S., s. 55-34; 1955, c. 1371, s. 1; 1957, c. 979, ss. 6, 7; 1965, c. 298, s. 1; 1967, c. 823, s. 17; 1973, c. 262; c. 469, s. 3; 1989, c. 265, s. 1; 1991, c. 645, s. 3; 2001-358, ss. 44, 45; 2001-387, ss. 167, 173, 175(a); 2001-413, s. 6.)
Questions & Answers: Corporations
North Carolina Laws: Corporations
U.S. Code Provisions: Corporations
Related Articles: Corporations