Current as of: 2010
(a) To renew a license as a pyrotechnics display operator, a proximate audience display operator, or an assistant display operator, a licensee shall make application to the Commissioner upon the renewal application form provided by the Commissioner and attest that the statements made in the application are true, correct, and complete to the best of the individual's knowledge and belief. Failure to provide the attestation or providing untrue, incorrect, or incomplete statements shall be grounds for denial, suspension, or revocation of the license.
(b) Before approving the application for renewal, the Commissioner shall find that the licensee:
(1) Has not committed any act which is grounds for denial, suspension, nonrenewal, or revocation under this Article.
(2) Has not had administrative action taken against a pyrotechnics display operator's license or the equivalent by this or any other state.
(3) Has on at least three occasions participated in the use, handling, exhibiting, or discharge of pyrotechnics in connection with a concert or public exhibition pursuant to the terms of the license.
(4) Has paid the applicable fees set forth in this Article.
(5) Has completed a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education during the previous three-year period.
(c) The renewal fee for a pyrotechnics display operator license and a proximate audience display operator license is sixty dollars ($60.00) for each license renewed. The renewal fee for an assistant display operator license is thirty dollars ($30.00). (2010-22, s. 7.)
North Carolina Laws: Fireworks