Current as of: 2009
This chapter does not apply to:
1. Situations involving debt adjusting incurred incidentally in the lawful practice of law in this state.
2. Banks and fiduciaries, as duly authorized and admitted to transact business in this state and performing credit and financial adjusting service in the regular course of their principal business.
3. Title insurers and abstract companies, while doing an escrow business.
4. Judicial officers or others acting under court orders.
5. Nonprofit or charitable corporations or associations engaged in debt adjusting.
6. Situations involving debt adjusting incurred incidentally in connection with lawful practice as a certified public accountant and licensed public accountant.
7. Bona fide trade or mercantile associations in the course of arranging adjustment or debts with business establishments.
8. Employers for their employees.
9. Any person who, at the request of a debtor, arranges for or makes a loan to the debtor, and who, at the authorization of the debtor, acts as an adjuster of the debtor's debts in the disbursement of the proceeds of the loan, without compensation for services rendered in adjusting the debts.
10. Licensed and bonded collection agencies.
North Dakota Laws: Credit Counseling
Related Articles: Credit Counseling