In this chapter, unless the context or subject matter otherwise requires:
1. "Candidate" means any person under consideration by the committee to fill a judicial vacancy.
2. "Chairman" means the chairman of the committee and includes any acting chairman.
3. "Committee" means the judicial nominating committee, consisting of six members in the event of a vacancy in the office of supreme court judge and nine members in the event of a vacancy in the office of a district court judge.
4. "Judge" means a justice of the supreme court or a judge of district court.
5. "Nominee" means any candidate selected by the committee for inclusion on the list of candidates submitted to the governor.
6. "Permanent member" means a person appointed to serve on the committee for all vacancies in the office of judge during that member's term.
7. "Temporary member" means a person appointed to serve on the committee only for the time necessary to fill a vacancy in the office of district judge in that member's district.