(A) To qualify a cemetery for a certificate of registration, the applicant shall submit to the division of real estate the following information:
(1) The name of the cemetery;
(2) The street address, city, village, or township, and county where the cemetery is located, and the mailing address if different from the street address;
(3) The name and address of the person who owns the cemetery;
(4) The name and address of the person responsible for the operation and maintenance of the cemetery;
(5) A copy of the most recent annual report of the cemetery if required by the division of real estate pursuant to section 1721.211 of the Revised Code or if required by the Ohio cemetery dispute resolution commission. If the cemetery is owned by a cemetery company or association, a copy of the annual report for the previous year of all of the assets and investments of the endowment care trust of the company or association as prepared pursuant to section 1721.21 of the Revised Code shall be submitted to the division.
(B) If any of the information required in division (A) of this section changes at any time, the person responsible for the operation and maintenance of the cemetery shall submit written notification of the change to the division within thirty days of the change occurring.
(C) In addition to satisfying the requirements set forth in divisions (A) and (B) of this section, if a political subdivision intends to acquire additional land to increase the size of an existing cemetery that it is operating and maintaining or intends to open a new cemetery, its governing body shall notify the division at least thirty days before the acquisition or opening to renew the registration of the existing cemetery or to register the new cemetery.
Effective Date: 09-22-2000Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: Cemetaries
Ohio Laws: Cemetaries