(1) A county governing body may authorize, by ordinance or order, the planning commission or hearings officer to conduct hearings on applications for plan amendments and to make decisions on such applications.
(2) A decision of the planning commission or hearings officer on a plan amendment may be appealed to the county governing body.
(3) This section shall apply notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 215.050, 215.060 and 215.110.
(4) A decision of a planning commission, hearings officer or county governing body under this section shall comply with the post-acknowledgment procedures set forth in ORS 197.610 to 197.625.
(5) The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
(a) Any plan amendment for which an exception is required under ORS 197.732; or
(b) Any lands designated under a statewide planning goal addressing agricultural lands or forestlands. [1987 c.729 §20]