Sections 46-22.1-10 â€“ 46-22.1-17 do not apply to or affect:
(1) A lien given by statute or rule of law to a supplier of services or materials for the vessel;
(2) A lien given by statute to the United States, this state, or any political subdivision of this state;
(3) A security interest in a vessel created by a manufacturer or dealer who holds the vessel for sale, but a buyer in the ordinary course of trade from the manufacturer or dealer takes free of the security interest;
(4) Any lien arising out of an attachment of a vessel;
(5) Any security interest claimed on proceeds, as defined in subdivision (2), if the original security interest did not have to be noted on the certificate of title in order to be perfected; or
(6) Any vessel for which a certificate of title is not required under this chapter.