Current as of: 2009
In this Part:
(1) "Advertisement" means a commercial message in any medium that promotes, directly or indirectly, a consumer rental-purchase agreement.
(2) "Consummation" means the time a lessee becomes contractually obligated on a consumer rental-purchase agreement.
(3) "Lessee" means a natural person who rents personal property under a consumer rental-purchase agreement.
(4) "Lessor" means a person who regularly provides the use of property through consumer rental-purchase agreements and to whom the obligation is initially payable on its face.
(5) "Personal property" means any property that is not real property under the laws of the state where it is located when it is made available for a consumer rental-purchase agreement.
(6) "Consumer rental-purchase agreement" means an agreement for the use of personal property by an individual primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, for an initial period of four months or less (whether or not there is any obligation beyond the initial period) that is automatically renewable with each payment and that permits the consumer to become the owner of the property. The term does not include a consumer credit sale as defined in Section 37-2-104, or a consumer loan as defined in Section 37-3-104, or a refinancing or consolidation thereof, or a consumer lease as defined in Section 37-2-106.
South Carolina Laws: Consumer Credit Generally
U.S. Code Provisions: Consumer Credit Generally
Federal Regulations: Consumer Credit Generally