When the chancery or circuit court receives any petition applying for relief under this part, it shall forthwith:
(1) Make three (3) copies of the petition;
(2) Docket and file the original petition and its attachments;
(3) Mail one (1) copy of the petition to the attorney general and reporter;
(4) Mail or forward one (1) copy of the petition to the district attorney general of the district in which the petition was filed;
(5) Mail or forward one (1) copy of the petition to petitioner's attorney; and
(6) Notify the juvenile court judge responsible for committing the petitioner.
[Acts 1978, ch. 750, § 6; T.C.A., § 37-1706.]
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer Online, Inc. All rights reserved