Virginia Code > Title 50 > Chapter 2.1 > § 50-73.5 - Change of registered office or registered agent
Current as of: 2011
§ 50-73.5. Change of registered office or registered agent.
A. A limited partnership or a foreign limited partnership registered to transact business in the Commonwealth may change its registered office or registered agent, or both, upon filing with the Commission a statement of change on a form prescribed and furnished by the Commission that sets forth:
1. The name of the domestic or foreign limited partnership;
2. The address of its current registered office;
3. If the current registered office is to be changed, the post office address, including the street and number, if any, of the new registered office, and the name of the city or county in which it is to be located;
4. The name of its current registered agent;
5. If the current registered agent is to be changed, the name of the new registered agent; and
6. That after the change or changes are made, the domestic or foreign limited partnership will be in compliance with the requirements of § 50-73.4.
B. A statement of change shall forthwith be filed with the Commission by a domestic or foreign limited partnership whenever its registered agent dies, resigns or ceases to satisfy the requirements of § 50-73.4.
C. Except as provided in subsection D, a statement of change shall be executed on behalf of a domestic or foreign limited partnership by a general partner or a liquidating trustee or, if there are no general partners or liquidating trustees, by a limited partner.
D. A domestic or foreign limited partnership's registered agent may sign a statement as required above if (i) the business address of the registered agent changes to another post office address within the Commonwealth or (ii) the name of the registered agent has been legally changed. A domestic or foreign limited partnership's new registered agent may sign and submit for filing a statement as required above if (a) the former registered agent is a business entity that has been merged into the new registered agent, (b) the instrument of merger is on record in the office of the clerk of the Commission, and (c) the new registered agent is an entity that is qualified to serve as a registered agent pursuant to § 50-73.4. In either instance, the registered agent or surviving entity shall forthwith file a statement as required above, which shall recite that a copy of the statement shall be mailed to the principal office address of the domestic or foreign limited partnership on or before the business day following the day on which the statement is filed.
(1985, c. 607; 1987, c. 702; 1991, c. 225; 2003, c. 597; 2007, c. 631; 2010, c. 675.)
Questions & Answers: Limited Partnerships
Related Articles: Limited Partnerships