Virginia Code > Title 50 > Chapter 2.1 > § 50-73.58:3 - Reinstatement of a certificate of registration that has been canceled
Current as of: 2011
§ 50-73.58:3. Reinstatement of a certificate of registration that has been canceled.
A. A foreign limited partnership whose certificate of registration to transact business in the Commonwealth has been canceled may apply to the Commission for reinstatement within five years thereafter unless the cancellation was by order of the Commission entered pursuant to subdivision A 1 of § 50-73.58:2.
B. To have its certificate of registration reinstated, a foreign limited partnership shall provide the Commission with the following:
1. An application for reinstatement signed by a general partner of the foreign limited partnership, or, if there are no general partners, a limited partner, which may be in the form of a letter;
2. A reinstatement fee of $100;
3. All annual registration fees required by § 50-73.67 and penalties that were due before the certificate of registration was canceled and that would have been assessed or imposed to the date of reinstatement if the limited partnership's certificate of registration had not been canceled;
4. A duly authenticated copy of any amendments or corrections made to the certificate of limited partnership or other constituent document of the foreign limited partnership and any mergers entered into by the foreign limited partnership from the date of cancellation of its certificate of registration to the date of its application for reinstatement, with an amended application for registration if required for an amendment or a correction, and all fees required by this chapter for the filing of such instruments;
5. If the name of the foreign limited partnership does not comply with the provisions of § 50-73.56 at the time of reinstatement, an amended application for registration to adopt a designated name for use in the Commonwealth that satisfies the requirements of § 50-73.56, with the fee required by this chapter for the filing of an amended application for registration; and
6. If the foreign limited partnership's registered agent has filed a statement of resignation and a new registered agent has not been appointed, a statement of change pursuant to § 50-73.5.
C. If the foreign limited partnership complies with the provisions of this section, the Commission shall enter an order of reinstatement, reinstating the foreign limited partnership's certificate of registration to transact business in the Commonwealth.
(2008, c. 586.)
Questions & Answers: Limited Partnerships
Related Articles: Limited Partnerships