Current as of: 2013
The state review board shall:
(1) Approve, upon the recommendation of the officer, nominations to the national register of historic places in Wisconsin and the state register of historic places.
(2) Review the state surveys and inventories of historic properties undertaken under s. 44.34.
(3) Review and approve the content of the state preservation plan developed under s. 44.34.
(4) Review and approve the distribution of federal grants-in-aid for preservation.
(5) Recommend the removal of properties from the national register of historic places in Wisconsin or the state register of historic places.
(6) Act in an advisory capacity to the state historical society.
(7) Notify planning departments of affected political subdivisions, local landmarks commissions and local historical societies regarding properties being considered for nomination to the national register of historic places in Wisconsin or the state register of historic places that are within their jurisdictions, and request them to forward comments regarding nominations from affected neighborhood groups, public bodies and interested citizens.
Wisconsin Laws: Historic Preservation
U.S. Code Provisions: Historic Preservation
Federal Regulations: Historic Preservation