Ohio Code 3119.89 - Investigating termination
Ohio Code > Title 31 > Chapter 3119 > § 3119.89 - Investigating termination
(A) Upon receipt of a notice pursuant to section 3119.87 of the Revised Code, the child support enforcement agency administering a child support order, within twenty days after receipt of the notice, shall complete an investigation. The agency administering a child support order may conduct an investigation upon its own initiative if it otherwise has reason to believe that there may be a reason for which the order should terminate. The agency’s investigation shall determine the following:
(1) Whether any reason exists for which the order should terminate;
(2) Whether there are other children subject to the order;
(3) Whether the obligor owes any arrearages under the order;
(4) Whether the agency believes it is necessary to continue withholding or deduction pursuant to a notice or order described in section 3121.03 of the Revised Code for the other children or arrearages;
(5) Whether child support amounts paid pursuant to the order being investigated should be impounded because continuation of receipt and disbursement would lead to an overpayment by the obligor.
(B) If the agency, pursuant to the investigation under division (A) of this section, determines that other children are subject to the child support order and that it is necessary to continue withholding or deduction for the other children, the agency shall divide the child support due annually and per month under the order by the number of children who are the subject of the order and subtract the amount due for the child for whom the order should be terminated from the total child support amount due annually and per month. The resulting annual and per month child support amount shall be included in the results of the agency’s investigation as the recommended child support amount due annually and monthly under a revised child support order. If arrearage amounts are owed, those amounts may be included as part of the recommended child support amount. The investigation under division (A) of this section shall not include a review pursuant to sections 3119.60 to 3119.76 of the Revised Code of any other children subject to the child support order.
Effective Date: 03-22-2001; 05-18-2005Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: Child Support
Ohio Laws: Child Support
U.S. Code Provisions: Child Support
Related Articles: Child Support
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved