Missouri Laws 643.232 - Asbestos abatement contractor required to register annually, qualifications--project ...
Missouri Laws > Title XL > Chapter 643 > § 643.232 - Asbestos abatement contractor required to register annually, qualifications--project requirements--registration fee
Current as of: 2009
643.232. 1. All asbestos abatement contractors prior to engaging in asbestos abatement projects shall:
(1) Register with the department and reregister annually as provided by rule;
(2) Submit an application for registration on a form developed by the department;
(3) Use only those individuals that have been certified or trained in accordance with sections 643.225 to 643.250.
2. During asbestos abatement projects, all contractors shall:
(1) Comply with applicable United States Environmental Protection Agency regulations and guidelines, the standards for worker protection promulgated by the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration in 29 CFR 1910.1001, 1910.1200 and 1926.58, the provisions of sections 643.225 to 643.250 and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder. It is not intended that the director shall enforce OSHA requirements but shall have the authority to deny, revoke, or suspend registration on the basis of finding of violation by OSHA;
(2) Ensure that a competent person be on the asbestos abatement project site directing all aspects of the project during the hours that the project is being conducted.
3. A registration fee of one thousand dollars shall be paid by the person to the state prior to registration.
(L. 1989 H.B. 77, et al.)Prev | Next
U.S. Code Provisions: Air Pollution
Federal Regulations: Air Pollution
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved