Missouri Laws 644.136 - Commission designated official state agency to deal with federal government relative ...
Missouri Laws > Title XL > Chapter 644 > § 644.136 - Commission designated official state agency to deal with federal government relative to water pollution
Current as of: 2009
644.136. The commission is hereby designated as the water pollution agency of the state for all purposes of any federal water pollution control act and may:
(1) Take all necessary or appropriate action to obtain for the state the benefits of any federal act, or to obtain federal approval of any state water pollution control program;
(2) Apply for and receive federal funds made available under any federal act;
(3) Approve projects for which assistance under any federal act is made to any municipality or agency of the state;
(4) Participate through its authorized representatives in proceedings under any federal act;
(5) Recommend measures for the reduction of water contamination originating within the state; and
(6) Recommend to the governor for his designation any areas of the state which require special action under sections 644.006 to 644.141 or any federal water pollution control act. The governor shall hereby be authorized, as provided in section 644.141, to so designate such areas and establish local agencies or authorities as required by any federal water pollution control act to carry out the planning and operation for such areas as required by any federal water pollution control act.
(L. 1972 S.B. 424, A.L. 1973 S.B. 259, S.B. 321, A.L. 1991 S.B. 185)Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: Water Pollution
U.S. Code Provisions: Water Pollution
Federal Regulations: Water Pollution
Related Articles: Water Pollution
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved