Maryland Code, Health - General 19-1201
Maryland Code > Health - General > § 19-1201
Current as of: 2010
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) "Comprehensive physical rehabilitation services" means:
(1) A program of coordinated, integrated, interdisciplinary, physician-directed services provided by or under the supervision of physicians qualified or experienced in rehabilitation that:
(i) Includes evaluation and treatment of individuals with physical disabilities;
(ii) Emphasizes education and training of individuals with disabilities; and
1. At least 4 of the following core disciplines:
A. Physical therapy;
B. Occupational therapy;
C. Speech and language therapy;
E. Rehabilitation nursing; and
F. Social work; and
2. At least 2 of the following disciplines:
C. Respiratory therapy;
D. Therapeutic recreation;
G. Special education or instruction; and
H. Vocational rehabilitation; and
(2) Any other service that the Secretary may designate by regulation.
(c) "Comprehensive rehabilitation facility" means:
(1) Any person that provides or holds himself out as providing comprehensive physical rehabilitation services on an out-patient basis; or
(2) A hospital that is licensed as a special rehabilitation hospital under Subtitle 3 of this title.
(d) (1) "Health care facility" includes any facility defined in § 19-114(d) of this title.
(2) "Health care facility" does not include a home health agency that is licensed under Subtitle 4 of this title.
(e) "Specialized rehabilitation program" means any of the specialty programs that the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities accredits, including:
(1) Spinal cord injury programs;
(2) Head injury programs; and
(3) Infant and early childhood developm
Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: Health and Medicine
Maryland Laws: Health and Medicine
U.S. Code Provisions: Health and Medicine
Federal Regulations: Health and Medicine
LawServer is for purposes of information only and is no substitute for legal advice.
© 2013 LawServer, Inc. All rights reserved